Does your PS4 or PS4 Pro sound like a jet plane ready for take off?
You are not alone. Many PS4 owners are reporting their loud PS4s is kicking into high gear making noise, even in the menu.
There are also a lot of people reporting that they have no issues whatsoever, even when playing the latest games. This is very strange, it’s almost like Sony released 50% bad consoles.
Perhaps it’s time they seriously started considering liquid coolers for the next gen consoles, as the heating problems are getting worse with every new generation.
If you are in the unlucky category of experiencing high noise levels, read on as we explore different options to alleviate noise.
Try things in this order:
1. There may be an issue with your hardware, the first thing you should do is to take it back to the store and have them inspect it. You might be eligible for a replacement unit.
2. Make sure there is enough space around the console, putting it inside your entertainment unit is a really bad idea as this does not leave enough space for air circulation.
3. Make sure there is no disc in the console. Playing digitally downloaded games have shown to reduce fan noise drastically.
4. Try putting it both standing and lying down, it might make a difference for you. Some find that standing is better, others have better luck with it lying down,
5. Clean out dust from the console. Warning! Do not use a vacuum cleaner as this can damage the sensitive components within. For best cleaning, open up the console using a Torx screwdriver and carefully remove the dust. Doing this will VOID the warranty, so if your console is still under warranty, you really should take it back to the store first.
6. If none of the above work, you might need to get a fan replacement. After running long hours the fans do eventually wear out. Contact your nearest official service center to get it replaced (you might get it for free if you are lucky).